Thursday, May 7, 2009

April Adventures

April flew by so fast here are a few of the highlights from the month:
Wicked
My mom bought tickets for me and Jacee as an early birthday present for me. We found out Shae was flying in the night before the show so we called the ticket office, but it was sold out. My mom was going to give Shae her ticket, but we convinced her we could find one. I had the thrill of my life scalping a ticket for my mom. I don't know why, but I get a rush from bartering. Seriously, my favorite place in New York was China Town trying to get the best deal on a hand bag. There's nothing like the rush of getting a good deal. Well I don't know if the price we paid for the ticket was a good deal, but my Mom had one of the best seats in the house. She was on the fourth row and right about in the center. The show was amazing and it was so fun to hang out with all my sisters. I miss my family not living close so I cherish the time we do get to spend together.

Me, Shae, Jacee, and Mom

Grandpa's 80th Birthday
My Grandpa turned 80 this year and celebrated his b-day in style. There was a big suprise party for him and a lot of the family was able to fly in for the big day. It was fun to see the look on his face when he walked into the church; he didn't even know his kids were here from Texas! There were about 100 people there to wish him happy birthday. All of his kids paid a tribute to him and reminisced about their favorite memories of him. My cousin, Saren, made a slide show of his life and I will say he has lived one great life. Granpda is one of the funniest people you will ever meet and it was so fun to celebrate his day and catch up with family.

Everybody enjoying the party...food was delicious and catered by Maddox.

Me and Gramp
Grandpa and Levi

The Hancock Family

Grandpa and His Kids

Watch out ladies...they're single and good lookin'!

Mitch's 5th Birthday Party
I can't believe Mitch is 5!!! I met Reese's family when Mitch was just a baby and now he is already 5 and preparing for kindergarten. Mitch also celebrated his birthday in style...my Dad and Granpda would approve of the John Deere theme party. Reese's family uses Case tractors on their farm and my Dad always has to give Reese a hard time about it. When Brighton was in the hospital Mitch stayed the night at my parents house. My dad gave Mitch the grand tour of the dairy and told Mitch that nothing runs like a deere (sublte brainwashing). Well since then Mitch has told his Dad and Grandpa, "Ashlee's Dad says nothing runs like a deer." My Dad loves this, but I really don't think Reese's family cares one bit. I will say this kid knows his tractors. Mitch has loved trucks and tractors and knows everything about them; so if I'm ever wondering what a certain piece of equipment is or what it does all I have to do is ask Mitch because he is one smart cookie. I love the kid and had a great time at his party...you just can't beat cake, ice cream, and a pinata.
Nothing runs like a deer!

Sarah's mom is so talented and always makes the cutest cakes.

Hope your wish comes true!

How could you not love that kid?

6 comments:

Branch said...

I want to see WICKED sometime in my life! That is fun all you girls were able to go! Your grandpa is cute and sounds like you had quite the birthday bash for him! I love the Tractor cake! Call me or email me the address's as soon as you get them I can't believe the shower is only a month away! Yea! I hope you are doing well!

April said...

What a fun-filled month. I've heard from everyone just how awesome Wicked was, so I'm glad you and all the gals got to go. Happy Birthday to your Grandpa and to Mitch too.

Jadda Call said...

Hey Ash! I love all your pictures! Keep on updating I like seeing what you're up to since I don't see you very often!

Fort Files said...

I wish I could have come to Grandpas birthday party! I missed out. You are so cute pregnant! I can't wait to see your little guy! We are going to see wicked in August and I can't wait! Looks like you had a fun April!

Melanie said...

Wasn't Wicked so so so awesome?! I loved it! That birthday party was so dang cute...you know, someday that will be you throwing almost that exact same birthday party in about 5 years! You need to post more of you cute belly!

James and Kirsten said...

Hey Ash! It was so fun to hang out with you guys yesterday! It's been too long! We'll have to do it again soon. Your blog is so cute! I added you to my list. And....i didn't know you went to NEW YORK! How fun! I'm jealous! You didn't even tell me you went. Did you have tons of fun? I love it there. Hope you guys have a happy Sunday :)