Friday, January 30, 2009

Many Blessings

I have totally been a slacker. I have been meaning to post about Christmas and I just realized it is already February. So I will forgo that post and give an update on our lives. I apologize I don't have any pictures because I lost our camera's battery charger and have not taken any pictures since the holidays. Anyways, life just always seems to get busier and busier, but I need to take a moment and express how grateful I am for the blessings in my life. I have heard awful stories of people losing their jobs, having poor health, losing loved ones, and other tragic events and I know Reese and I have been watched over. We recently had a scary experience with our nephew, Brighton, who had to be life flighted to Primary Children's Hospital. He had cracked his temporal bone, ruptured his eardrum, and was leaking spinal fluid out his ear. Since then he is home and doing a lot better, but the whole experience made me take a look at my life. I love both of our families so much, especially all our nieces and nephews who I would take as my own any day! We have been blessed with health, jobs, the opportunity for education, and lots of time to play. We have a roof over our heads and food to eat. Reese was able to finish his Master's degree in December. My brother returns home from his mission in Virginia today. I'm starting to ramble, but my heart is full and I saved the most exciting thing for last.....drum roll please..... we are having a baby! I am due July 22nd. I have been really sick, but am finally starting to feel better. I went to the doctor for my second appointment yesterday and the baby is doing great. It has a nice strong heart beat and we will find out what it is the end of February....for all these things and many others I feel blessed.

12 comments:

Kari said...

It's about time you posted! ha ha When I saw the title I thought you were gonna say you are preg! congrats! You'll look so cute prego! And you'll be a great mom!

Sharli said...

Congratulations Ashlee! I am excited for you!

April said...

I've been waiting for this post!!! Congratulations again. You guys have a lot of exciting things happening right now in your lives. I'm glad your nephew was ok.

Brian and Amber said...

Oh Ashlee! Congrats! I am so happy for you...he/she will be just the cutest little baby :)

Shay said...

Yeah Ash!!! Congrats! You will be such a cute mom!!!

Jeff and Susan said...

I am so excited for you! you will be the best little mother! Congrats

Branch said...

That is sad about your Nephew and scary too! I hope he gets well and doesn't have more problems. Congratulations I have waited for you to anounce it I am so so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

It's about dang time you updated :)I have been wondering when you are going to tell people about the little one. I don't know if anyone told you but we are having a girl :) I'm excited to hear what you are having. We will see you Sunday with the rest of the fam my dad says Levi looks like Brock????

Alicia and Jake said...

i love counting my blessings also!! congrats on the baby!! kids are the best thing in the world!!! p.s. we are going private so please send me your email address if u want to keep up with our blog!! thanks so much and congrats agAIN!

web.me.com/sarahthompson5 said...

Hello Ashlee. I was so excited to see your updated blog. You are going to be such a wonderful mom. My two boys would claim you as their mother as well as you claiming them as your own any day of the week. They love you and Reese so much. We are so glad they have an Aunt and Uncle like you two. We also feel blessed that you are in our lives as well. We have so much to be thankful for, and are still feeling so blessed for Brighton's recovery. In regards to his birthday I think we will be having a little party on Monday February 9th. I told Dirk I thought it would probably be more fun if we had it on his actual birthday. We know you guys are very busy this weekend, and won't be able to make it, but we know you always have the best of intentions, and we appreciate you both for that. Love ya lots, Sarah

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

Hey Ashlee- I took the pics of Tacoma- Fun isn't it!! Well, we need to plan your shower so let me know which date you want:)

Our Family said...

congrats on the baby!
~candice hadley gumm