Sunday, November 16, 2008

Phoenix Trip

A few weeks ago we went to Phoenix. Reese's dad has a house there and so all of the family minus the parents headed that way. We drove last spring and were so happy that we chose to fly this time. I get sick on air planes, but it sure beats driving! We had a fun time hanging out with everybody. The house has a pool with a heater so we got to swim a lot. The nieces and nephews got up pretty early to hit the pool, but as soon as Reese woke up he went and joined them. Here are a few highlights from the trip. I got a little camera happy, this is my cut down version of the trip.
Cardinals vs 49'ers
We went to a football game while we were there. Our seats were awesome and the game was way intense. You can guess by the pictures what Reeses's favorite part of the game was. I have never claimed a football team until now, Go Cardinals!!!





Nascar
Reese and his brothers went to Nascar. He said this was one of the most exciting events he had ever been to. He had to buy ear plugs because it was so loud.

The Zoo
My sister-in-laws, Karli and Sarah, took their kids to this awesome petting zoo. I think I had as much fun as the kids. It was so cool because you could get really close to the animals and we even got to feed a giraffe. The kids loved it (and so did I-feeding the giraffe was pretty cool!)

Hanging Out
I seriously could live in Phoenix. The weather is so nice, although I can't complain with Logan this fall because we've actually had a fall, but it was still nice to get away to warmer weather. There are all these parks and bike paths close to the house. We did a little shopping and tried out some restaurants. I couldn't get enough of In N' Out Burger, those burgers are delicious!


7 comments:

April said...

Oh Ashlee it looks like it was a really fun trip! I bet the weather was just lovely there this time of year. I've been to Phoenix in the summer and it is just too hot for me. I also have to agree with you about In-N-Out. I absolutely LOVE it!

Branch said...

Those pictures are so cute! You can tell you have taken a lot of photography classes you are good at Kandid (spelling?) pictures! Glad you had a good time!Giraffe are so neat I love the close up of its face, way cool!

Melanie said...

You are so cute! I can just see you feeding the giraffe! :) We need to come up and see you soon! I hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

Lee Jacobs said...

Reese looks so natural pushing his little nephew on his bike!

Alicia and Jake said...

really cute pictures! looks like u guys had a good time

Hillary said...

Hey, we are lovin' the blog! Hope all is well! Talk to you soon. Call us if you come home for Christmas. We would love to get together.

The Rad Reeds said...

Looks like y'all had fun! Next time you'll have to come to Las Vegas! Congrats on your new news! I am so excited for you and Reese